Follow Me!

Like what you read? Subscribe/Follow me to make sure that you do not miss out on any new posts :)

13 July 2017

100-Day Project #8 - Never Cease To Feel


This is my no.1's favourite movie. She had seen it no less than 7 times. No, I am NOT kidding.

Yet everytime she watches it, she is in tears. Yes, even after 7 times! While I can understand that hormones are upside down now in teenage years and she may be more affected since the story is about her age now. But after 7 times? Seriously???

We happened to chat about this once and I was asking her how come she still cries? I can understand for the first 3 times? but 7??? She answered "I still feel it! What the characters go through when things happen and when they lost contact etc."

Is it becos I am jaded, as a much older person, that I am not as touched? Or she is just more emotional? I think is the former. As we go into  adulthood, we are taught (unknowingly) that we should NOT feel or be affected as much as we are now "adults". Yet, feelings are very much part of a person, a human. Is it wrong to feel and empathise? Is it "un-adult" to feel?

I am humbled, that my child was able to teach me that feeling has nothing to do with being adult. One can still feel and should continue to feel!

Feel: to have a sensation of (something), other than by sight, hearing, taste, or smell


No comments:

Post a Comment