Follow Me!

Like what you read? Subscribe/Follow me to make sure that you do not miss out on any new posts :)

12 July 2017

100-Day Project #7 - Apt Imagination

At 4-years-old, imagination is a wonderful thing. It creates worlds of make-believe that makes role-playing realistic. It allows you to have your own rules and it allows you to create your own characters and environment! Needless to say, my littlest has an imagination as big as Mount Everest!

He can be a pirate now, shooting canons at the castle that he is attacking. Next he will be a train conductor, instructing his older sisters to get on or off the train. His worlds can be a complete fantasy at times and sometimes completely realistic too! He loves role-playing doctor as he could then go around poking all our butts with his "needle" and hearing our "Ouch!"!

One weekend, we were all exhausted after coming home from their Saturday activities. All 5 of us slept like piggies! My littlest woke up nearing dinner time, asking for food. As I struggle to wake up from my grogginess, he said something that jolted me awake.

"Daddy is a super hero!" he declared.
"Awww..." I can almost hear that!

Taken aback, I asked why and which super hero is he? 

OK, some explanation here. While most kids may see their dads as their super hero, my kids never said so. Not becos he is not heroic but more becos he is so fierce that they only see the fierceness and discipline. To them, super heroes save the world but Daddy scolds! So I was TRULY taken aback!

His answer? "Daddy is the Hulk!" He proudly declared. Why???


"Coz Daddy make Hulk noise (grunts) and this (thumps like "Hulk Smash")"
I burst out laughing and I know that hubby dearest, who was trying his hardest to pretend to sleep was listening in too! His shaking shoulders were hard to ignore! Daddy the Hulk then obliging gave a loud grunt and breathed loudly which brought my littlest scurrying to my side of the bed, pointing at his dad "There! Like that!"

The last super hero I would imagine my hubby to be is Hulk yet hearing what my littlest said, its hard not to draw the similarities though I would REALLY appreciate the 6-pecs that Hulk has!

Imagination: the product of imagining; a conception or mental creation,
often a baseless or fanciful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment