Follow Me!

Like what you read? Subscribe/Follow me to make sure that you do not miss out on any new posts :)

11 July 2017

100-Day Project #6 - Cutting Bangs

My no.1 had had the same hairstyle since she was P4. Now a teenager, I wasn't too surprised that she indicated that she wants a change of style. She wanted to cut bangs and was wondering if it will look ok on her.

In my opinion, bangs means youth. Don't ask me why but it just seems that way to me. She pondered on it for awhile, researched online and even tried out apps that allow you to superimpose a hairstyle on your own photo! 


At the hairdresser, I asked if she would want to go ahead or wait till a couple of months later when she is due for her next cut. I know that she wasn't very confident of having bangs so really do not want to push her. Much to my surprise, she wanted to go ahead with it.

Upon asking, she told me simply "Actually, after thinking so much, its only hair and it will grow back." For a teenager, that seemed so unbelieveable! Yet, in my mommy's heart I was so proud that she worked that out herself and was mature enough to know that it is indeed ONLY hair and it does grow back!

Happy ending - She was very happy with her bangs and was quite surprised that just a few strands of hair could make such a big difference and yes she agreed with me that having bangs do make her look younger!

Mature: fully developed in body or mind, as a person

No comments:

Post a Comment