Follow Me!

Like what you read? Subscribe/Follow me to make sure that you do not miss out on any new posts :)

15 July 2017

100-Day Project #10 - Taking Initiative

My kids are very pampered by my mom. She have no qualms about catering to their preferences when it comes to food. My mom always says that my kids thinks her house is like a hawker centre, want what got what!

As with all grandmothers, she dotes on her grandchildren and do not ask them to help with anything in the kitchen. Then again, I must say that I too need not help in the kitchen. Being the most fantastic cook in her own family, my mom prefers to do things her way and we who are not even a quarter as accomplished in the kitchen as her will make sure to steer clear!

One day, while my mom was preparing dinner, I was quite delighted to hear my gals volunteer to pluck bean sprouts. My mom's reaction, however, was pretty classic as her reply was "Aiyo, you all can or not. Wait my bean sprouts got no head no tail!" Of course my gals professed that they know and thankfully yes the bean sprouts retained their heads safely!


I am very happy to know that while it does not happen always or even very often, they sometimes do take the initiative to help :)

Initiative: readiness and ability in initiating action; enterprise


No comments:

Post a Comment