Follow Me!

Like what you read? Subscribe/Follow me to make sure that you do not miss out on any new posts :)

14 November 2014

Still Brewing...

I promised details of my "brew" this week but as things got delayed here and there plus me coming under the flu bug, I wasn't able to totally tie up all loose ends :( Thus, yes, it is STILL brewing.....
 
But, I do have some news on N Studio which are in some ways tied to this new "brew". N Studio had ventured into Instagram and BigCartel!!!
 
Instagram had been the craze for quite some time and yeah while personally I have tried it for awhile, it didn't quite take hold of me. When I first saw how others were using Instagram as a marketing tool, I was intrigued. I wanted to try it out but hesitated due to some other reasons which I will tell you in a minute.
 
Why the hesitation when so many had already jumped on the Instagram bandwagon? Actually I was concerned about where I am directing my Instagram viewers to and how do I make it as seamless as possible? I explored several online selling options, Facebook Page, OwnAShop etc. But it all did not quite gave me what I wanted.
 
Facebook was great for the network and connections but one can't complete a sale per se on Facebook. Some form of communications is needed like for example me replying if its in stock, how much postage will be etc. While most people are happy to do these communications, I know of some who would very much prefer to complete the deal online including payment etc. with minimum communications.
 
OwnAShop gave me the chance to do that, to put things online, have stock inventory, postage costs etc. I would have been very happy with OwnAShop if only it do not require one to register an account before they could do any purchases. That turned a few off. I know because I had received these feedback.
 
Back to the drawing board.....
 
I knew I need to do more than Facebook Page selling. While majority of people do have a Facebook account, some aren't comfortable doing transactions via Facebook, some do not go in regularly and some just simply do not have a Facebook account! I need an actual website that allows me to sell online without any sort of registration.
 
There were quite a number out in the market - Shopify, BigCartel or host your own domain. Hosting my own domain is out, at least for now. Not only my html is just not up to mark, the cost of that is a tad too high for me. I then spoke to a few seasoned online business owners on their views on Shoplift and BigCartel. The impressions were mostly good for BigCartel and I like that they do not have a commitment period. You are allowed to change your plan from month to month. I totally appreciates this type of flexibility!
 
So, I am happy to announce that N Studio has both of these now!
 
Instagram - user: nian_studio or #nian_studio
 
 
Both of these will also feature strongly in my new "brew" :) Sneak peeks will be posted on Instagram and new items for sale will too be up on Instagram. I will be boosting my items for sale in BigCartel throughout the week leading up to the reveal of the "brew".
 
This is a HUGE step for N Studio. While I am totally excited about it, I am too very worried and wary about the responses and if it will actually reap something.
 
I would have to wait and see :) Don't forget to come back next week for the full reveal and also some general FAQs.
 
Have an awesome weekend!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment